Nate practices extensively in the area of labor and employment law. Prior to joining Ryley Carlock & Applewhite in 1989, he practiced with the law firm of Evans, Kitchel & Jenckes, Phoenix, Arizona (1976-1989).
Nate is a nationally recognized authority on labor relations law. He has served as lead negotiator and principal architect of labor relations strategy for some of the nation's major business enterprises in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, mining, utilities, emergency and other services, wholesale distribution, retail, and others. He has practiced before federal and state courts, federal and state agencies, and has handled numerous arbitrations. He has overseen numerous representation proceedings, campaigns, and elections under the National Labor Relations Act, and has assisted many employers in developing and implementing successful union avoidance strategies.
He regularly advises employers with respect to issues arising under a broad range of federal and state laws, including equal employment opportunity laws, labor relations laws, government contractor laws, wage and hour laws, and plant-closing laws.
Nate is a frequent lecturer on labor and employee relations issues.
He is married and has one child.Professional Recognition
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers - designated as one of the leading lawyers in the employment area<
- Best Lawyers in America® - selected as one of the best lawyers in the area of Labor and Employment Law<
- Outstanding Lawyers of America - selected as an outstanding lawyer<
- Southwest Superlawyers - named as one of the superlawyers in the Southwest<
- Best Lawyers in America® - named Lawyer of the Year 2013 - Labor Law - Management - Phoenix