William B. McManus is a founder of Ryley Carlock & Applewhite's nationally-known Document Control Group and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee. Bill concentrates his practice on helping companies address litigation in creative and cost-effective ways. He focuses on providing tools and ideas on streamlining litigation, including maximizing value for clients, creating effective staffing solutions, and managing legal spending. He frequently presents on topics including discovery, litigation management and cost control.
Bill has served as lead counsel in a number of multi-state, high-stakes litigation cases, and has counseled companies nationwide in litigation matters and on the subject of Document Control. Bill has a perspective developed while serving as the Chief Legal Officer for a publicly traded company and as the Chief of Litigation for a Fortune 100 company.
He is a member of Ryley Carlock's Document Control Group consisting of more than 80 attorneys and other professionals and representing Fortune 500 companies from coast-to-coast with comprehensive compliance and litigation support services.
The firm helps companies and law firms create and implement litigation strategies that maximize value by placing the right lawyers in the correct roles and not "overlawyering" matters. The firm also provides full document review services and related litigation services which can be packaged together or "unbundled," and integrated with other services and firms.
Nationally Recognized Speaker on e-Discovery, Document Review, Retention and Control/Review issues. Presentations have included:
- 4/8/11 Discovering, Exposing and Capitalizing on Your Opponent's Preservation and Production Processes: Maximizing Rule 26 Conferences and Conducting a Mock Hearing Addressing Multiple Common E-Discovery Disputes. Presented by the
E-Discovery Specialized Litigation Group of the DRI Product Liability Committee.
- 1/25/10 Back to the Future recap of 2009 e-Discovery year for Law Technology News, reprinted with permission.
- 5/06/09 Creating the Foundation for Litigation Readiness Data Mapping & E-Discovery Navigant Consulting & RC&A.
- 02/02/2009 Reducing Cost Through Statistical Sampling LegalTech, 2009, Navigant Consulting and RC&A
- 4/24/08 The Basics of Employee Records Retention, RC&A; PSS Systems
- 3/31/08 The 2008 Petroleum Marketing Attorneys' Meeting
Records Retention, We've Come A Long Way
- 1/23/08 Practical Guide to Instituting Legally Precise Retention Schedules CGOC The Council
- 9/26/07 E-Discovery Best Practices
- 8/23/07 E-Discovery Best Practices