Matt Clarke is a shareholder and member of the firm's Document Control, Litigation, and Labor and Employment Groups.
Matt is a co-founder of the firm's Document Control Group where he coordinates and leads project management for all e-discovery and document review projects. Matt has spearheaded the firm's effort to respond to emerging demand in the marketplace for cost effective, efficient, and quality driven litigation support services. Matt is actively involved in and speaks regularly on e-discovery issues. He also acts as co-counsel and serves as coordinating e-discovery and litigation support services counsel for law firms and corporate clients.
Within the litigation practice group Matt represents clients in all aspects of complex civil litigation ranging from employment discrimination to state and federal RICO claims to various forms of commercial and banking disputes. Matt has tried more than 25 commercial and criminal jury trials in both state and federal court, and has participated in numerous mediations and arbitrations. Matt also conducts internal investigations and provides analysis and risk assessment of potential corporate liability stemming from claims of employment discrimination, employee theft and other property crimes, crimes of violence, and other forms of employee misconduct in the workplace, including assessment of employer liability for disciplining employees involved in inappropriate conduct.
- Legal Tech New York: January 2012, Managing Risk in eDiscovery Project Management
- Legal Tech Los Angeles: June 2010, KPMG Panel "Managing e-Discovery Costs"
- Legal Tech New York: February 2010, KPMG Panel, "E-Discovery; Project Cost Management"
- Legal Tech Los Angeles: June 2009, KPMG Panel, "E-Discovery Principles and Processes"
- Arizona Association of Medical Staff Services: March 27, 2009, "e-Discovery Today; New Focus on Records Management and Document Preservation"
- Legal Tech New York: February 2009, KPMG Panel, "eDiscovery Project Management Principals and Processes"
- Scottsdale Institute: January 2009, "E-Discovery Response Planning in a Healthcare Setting"
- Encore E-Discovery Events: December 2008: "Ensuring Reasonableness Through Search and Retrieval Technology and Attorney Review"
- International Lawyers Network, November 2007: e-Discovery in Practice: The Importance of Proper Document Management
- Association of Corporate Counsel: December 2006, "Effective E-Discovery Preparation"
- National Business Institute: November 2006, "DoD 5015.2, A Guided Tour"
- National Business Institute: November 2006, "Creating a Proper e-Discovery Plan"
- Counsel on Education In Management: July 2005 "Documenting the Employee Relationship - Best Practices for Avoiding Liability"
- The Sedona Conference, Member of the Working Group on Electronic Document Retention & Production
- Arizona State Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association