A shareholder and Practice Group Leader for the firm's Creditor's Rights and Bankruptcy, and Lending practice groups, Scott is experienced in handling various types of commercial transactions and disputes. Scott is also the firm's Hiring Shareholder.
Scott has extensive experience representing national, regional and community lenders and other financial institutions in real estate and commercial loan restructuring and workouts, loan and guaranty enforcement actions, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, receiverships and bankruptcies, as well as defending against lender liability claims.
His commercial litigation practices consists of representing large and small businesses in disputes ranging from breach of contract claims to real estate transactions, landlord/tenant matters, partnership disputes, transportation related disputes, and other commercial matters.
While attending Gonzaga University School of Law, Scott graduated cum laude and served on the editorial staff of the Gonzaga International Law Journal. Scott also graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in political science and history. Scott is an alumnus of Saint Mary's Catholic High School.
Scott is an avid golfer and sports fan, especially when rooting for Arizona's teams, including The University of Arizona Wildcats.
Recognition and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2012)
- Best of Arizona Attorneys, Arizona Business Magazine (Bankruptcy, 2009, 2012)
- Phoenix Business Journal, Top Forty Under 40 (2009)
- Valley Leadership, Leadership Institute Class XXXI (2009)
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, Top 50 Pro Bono attorneys
- Junior Achievement of Arizona's The Champion of Hope Award